Sunday, March 29, 2009

Moving to New York

I haven't found a place that can move me the way that New York City does. Just walking around outside in the city, I am overwhelmed with inspiration. Aside from that, I will be able to take advantage of the many opportunities the city presents.

Thankfully, I have a place to stay and a plan for how I will make income. Aside from my art sales and commissions, I plan to do some freelance legal work. Although I am willing to do the freelance legal work, I'd rather do something a bit more fun and art related, so if you know of anything available for someone like me, shoot me an email!

Over the past three years, I have been in talks with a gallery in New York, but as soon as I began talking with them, I went to law school. Being in law school has really prevented me from focusing on my art work much; thus I was unable to produce enough works at one time to have a solo show at that space. Now that I will be done with school, I hope to make my New York solo debut in a few months.

I am searching for a studio space in New York as well, so if any of you have any leads to something that is cool and affordable please email me about that!

1 comment:

  1. i'm still gonna claim you as a texas artist anyways, so enjoy yourself in your new digs!

    ReplyDelete