Tuesday, April 28, 2009

People I've Met in Houston Who've Influenced Me - Regina Agu

Regina Agu is a Houston based artist that I met at a Project Row Houses event. We chatted it up for a bit and discovered that we have many similarities. For example, we both have one Nigerian parent. We both shared some of our experiences as emerging artists.

Regina paints and draws; her work is a mixture of figurative and abstract. The work contains warm, rich colors and her figures are bold-- yet translucent.

I appreciate Regina's resourcefulness, and positive energy. When I need a boost for the day, I sometimes look to her inspirational Twitter posts. She and Lovie Olivia actually have a two woman show coming up in a few days. Its called "Sorting Her Beans," May 8, 2009; at Catalina, 2201 Washington, Houston, TX.

Regina Agu's work can be found at:

www.reginaagu.com
and
Follow her on Twitter at: twitter.com/supernova_star

No comments:

Post a Comment