Wednesday, November 11, 2009

The Value of a Conversation: Kenya Robinson


Its amazing how a conversation with another artist can incite so many new ways of thinking. Today this happened when I visited Kenya Robinson's studio.

Her work is influenced by adornment rituals, and her pieces are composed of mass consumer products. She is currently a resident at the Lower Manhattan Cultural Council, and blogs about her experience here: kenyaworkspace.blogspot.com



Check out her live performance piece with Rashaad Newsome, "Universal Access" at Eyebeam Art and Technology Center, November 12th at 4:30 pm, 540 W 21st St. New York, NY 10011.

5 comments:

  1. It was an absolute pleasure! Thanks for taking the time to connect. I am looking forward to a continued dialogue...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very creative! I love it when people turn objects we never think to use, or often take for granted, into pieces of art.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kenya Robinson is an amazing artist .. I am always inspired and thrilled when speaking to her about art :) I think everyone should listen to kenya

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a beautiful piece Dawn, love the image it creates!
    -Rob

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Kenya Yes! i look forward to talking soon!

    @Adrienne I do to, some people are able to view the world in a whole new way.

    @Sara I agree, she is so inspiring.

    @ ComeBien I love that piece too, I just had to post it and share.

    ReplyDelete