Sunday, January 31, 2010

It Was A Great Art Show



First of all, I want to thank everyone that came out to the show! I really appreciate your support. I had a blast, and it was wonderful to meet so many people.



I create for myself, but I'm not satisfied leaving my work stashed under the bed. Putting the work out there in the world helps complete my process.



It was interesting to hear viewers' thoughts on my work. One question that came up alot, to my surprise, was whether my work was photographs. I explained that all my work at the show was oil and acrylic painted on canvas. I also noted that I use photographs for reference in order to make the figures in my paintings proportional.

It was great to see several notable artists at the show as well. Lauren Kelley, came out to support as well as Leroy Henderson and Carrie Mae Weems.

I was overwhelmed by the turnout at the art opening. The show included nine of my paintings as well as metal sculptural works by Jordan!™ and paintings by Justin West. In case you didn't make it to the opening, the show runs until March 6th.

RFA Gallery

2075 Adam Clayton Powell Jr Blvd, New York, NY (7th Ave @ 124th around the corner from the Studio Museum)
Hours: Wednesday – Saturday, 11:00am - 7:00pm

6 comments:

  1. congrats!

    xo

    p.s. i like this --> "I create for myself, but I'm not satisfied leaving my work stashed under the bed. Putting the work out there in the world helps complete my process."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! Looks like there was a big turn out! It's always a great feeling to observe other people take in your work...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, I wanna go when I'm in town :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats!

    Do you plan on having any shows during the summer?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you guys! I hope you get to check out the show!

    @EllaMonah I don't have any shows planned for the summer as of yet.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations! Your work is so intimate. With just a glance you become fully engaged.

    ReplyDelete