Saturday, March 19, 2011

Making New Paintings + Media


[camera person shooting the work in my studio]

It was this past February that I realized I haven't painted in a year. I'd been making art during that time-- small drawings, which I enjoy, but no oil or acrylic on canvas.

I love New York, however, I am now in Austin as I work on my current project. Here in Texas you get a lot more bang for your buck in terms of space. I do look forward to returning to New York and living there on a more permanent basis.

As my "Selfsploitation" project evolves, the next logical step is for me to create a series of related paintings. I have three oil and acrylic pieces in progress as I type this. These are larger than any paintings I have made so far. I am also experimenting with different materials. I used to get most of my art supplies from the art store, but now the hardware store has become my new friend. I am able to get custom colors mixed there and the paint is a lot more affordable than at the art store.

There have been a couple of camera crews at my studio here in Austin this week. Soon there will be videos out there with me explaining my work and process. I will be sure to post those when they become available!

1 comment: