Tuesday, September 20, 2011

I'm still here. . .

When it comes to my art, I'm definitely having moments when I ask myself, "why do I do this?" and "could I live without it?"

Earlier in the summer I focused on finding a venue to show my "Selfsploitation" series. While I'm still working on that, I am also starting to create the next set of paintings.

I am working a 9 to 5 behind the scenes in television. Its a cool job, but as you may know its not easy to squeeze in time and energy to make art when you're tired from your day job. I am trying to make the best use of my time as possible.

Right now there is 4 foot hand being painted in the studio. Hopefully I will be posting new work here as the year ends. I am trying to have more fun with it, going with my gut, and simply painting what's inside my head.

2 comments:

  1. i heart you dawn. thanks for sharing. sometimes people don't realize that their fav artist still has a 9-5 and has to make time for what they love. i wish more artist would share that part of their story. it's much more inspiring. heart you girl. you have always been a rock star in my eyes. tiff

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw your work on the facebook page Art that Inspires me, nice work!

    ReplyDelete